Who we are
Our website address is https://grahamauctions.com
1) Information Collected
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form and also the visitor's IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
We collect two types of information from you: i) information that you voluntarily provide to us (e.g. through a voluntary registration process, sign-ups or emails), and ii) information that is derived through automated tracking mechanisms.
Voluntary Registration Information
To fully access this site, you must first complete the registration process, during which we will collect personal information about you. The information will include your name, address, and email address. We do not collect personally identifiable information about you except when you specifically provide such information to us on a voluntary basis.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Voluntary Information for Services and Features
We also collect personally identifiable information when you choose to use certain other features of the site, including i) making purchases, ii) consenting to receive emails about upcoming promotions or events iii) consenting to receive the email, iv) participating in our forum, iv) commenting on articles, and others. When you choose to use these additional features, we require you to provide your "Contact Information" in addition to other personal information that may be required to complete a transaction such as your phone number, billing and shipping addresses and credit card information. Occasionally, we may also request information such as your shopping preferences and demographics which will help us better serve you and our others users in the future.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select "Remember Me", your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Type of Cookie / Purpose
These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our website and to enable you to access its features. For instance, allowing you to log in to secure areas of our site and load the content of the pages you request much faster.
These cookies allow our site to remember choices you make when using it, things like remembering language preferences or login details. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with more personal experience and save you the hassle of having to re-enter this whenever you visit our website.
These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to our site and how users use it. The info gathered does not identify any visitor individually. It includes the number of visitors to our website, the websites that referred them, the pages they visited, the time of day they visited, and the time they visited and determine if they visited our site before. We use this to operate our website more efficiently, gather broad demographic-based information and monitor activity levels.
We use Google Analytics for this purpose, which uses its own cookies. These are used to improve the user experience of our website.
Find out more about Google Analytics cookies here:
Find out more about how Google protects your data here:
You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our website by downloading and installing the browser extension available via this link:
These cookies track web browsing habits to show ads that are more likely to be of interest to you. Based on that information, with our permission, third-party advertisers can place cookies to enable adverts, which we think will be relevant to your interests while on third-party websites using vendors like Google AdSense.
We have implemented the following:
Demographics and interests reporting
You can learn more about disabling cookies that remember your browsing habits by visiting https://youradchoices.ca/en/faq. If you choose to remove targeted or advertising cookies, you will still see ads, they just may not be relevant to you.
Social Media Cookies
These are used when you share information using a social media sharing button, “like” button, or “comment” through a social login on our website. If you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social networking website such as Facebook. The social network will record it.
You may choose to invite friends to join Graham Auctions by sending invitation emails via our invite feature. Graham Auctions stores the email addresses you provide so that the respondents may be added to your social network, confirm orders/purchases and also to send reminders of the invitations. Graham Auctions does not sell these email addresses or use them to send any other communication besides invitations and invitation reminders. Recipients of invitations may contact Graham Auctions to request the removal of their information from our database.
3) How We Use Your Information
Graham Auctions only uses your personal information for the original purposes it was given. Your personal information will not be sold or otherwise transferred to unaffiliated third parties without your approval at the time of collection.
Graham Auctions will not disclose, use, give or sell any personal information to third parties for any purposes other than to our suppliers and other third parties that need to know in order to deliver services on behalf of Graham Auctions unless required to do so by law. Further, Graham Auctions reserves the right to contact you regarding matters relevant to the underlying service provided and/or the information collected.
Please note that personally identifiable information is used only to provide you with a more enjoyable, convenient online experience and to help us identify and/or provide information, products or services that may be of interest to you. We use your personally identifiable information to support and enhance your use of the site and its features, including without limitation: fulfilling your order; providing customer service; tracking email invitations you send; and otherwise supporting your use of the site.
Graham Auctions may use your personal information for target advertising toward you based on things such as region, gender, interests, goals, habits, etc.
We may permit certain trusted third parties to track usage, analyze data such as the source address that a page request is coming from, your IP address or domain name, the date and time of the page request, the referring website (if any) and other parameters in the URL. This is collected to understand our website usage better and enhance the performance of services to maintain and operate the site and certain features on the site. We may use third parties to host the Site; operate various features available on the Site; send emails; analyze data; providing search results and links and assist in fulfilling your orders.
Also, we may share personally identifiable or other information with our parent, subsidiaries, divisions, and affiliates.
We may transfer personally identifiable information as an asset in connection with a proposed or actual merger or sale (including any transfers made as part of an insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganization, stock sale or other change in control.
Graham Auctions may disclose Contact Information in special cases where we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our terms and conditions of use or causing injury/interference with our rights, property, our customers or anyone who could be harmed by such activities.
We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website and for business and administrative purposes. We may also use or share with third parties for any purpose aggregated data that contains no personally identifiable information.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
4) How We Protect Your Information
We are committed to protecting the information we receive from you. We take appropriate security measures to protect your information against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we maintain appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information and data stored on our system. While no computer system is completely secure, we believe the measures we have implemented reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
5) Third-Party Advertising
Advertisements appearing on this site may be delivered to you by Graham Auctions or one of our Web advertising partners. Our Web advertising partners may set cookies. Doing this allows the advertising partners to recognize your computer each time they send you an advertisement. In this way, they may compile information about where you, or others who are using your computer, saw their advertisements and determine which advertisements are clicked. This information allows an advertising partner to deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you. Graham Auctions does not have access to or control of the cookies that may be placed by the third-party advertising servers of ad partners.
6) Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information & Preferences
We provide mechanisms for updating and correcting your personal information for many of our services. If you are a registered user, you may access and update your registration information and your preferences to receive email or other communications from us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
7) Email Choice/Opt-out
If any user who receives an email from the site and would prefer not to receive such communications in the future, [he or she] can do so by following the instructions in the emails. In addition, you may send an email to email@example.com. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to implement your opt-out requests promptly, but you may still receive communications from us for up to ten business days as we process your request.
8) Children's Privacy & Parental Controls
We do not solicit any personal information from children. If you are not 18 or older, you are not authorized to use the site. Parents should be aware that there are parental control tools available online that can be used to prevent children from submitting information online without parental permission or from accessing material that is harmful to minors.
9) Disclaimer to Security
10) Notification of Changes
11) CONTACT INFORMATION
All internet bids will be processed on the bidders’ credit card if the items have not been paid within two business days from sale day. Any purchased items not picked up within seven business days of the auction will be considered abandoned and resold for storage.
1. Graham Auctions (Auctioneers) hereby grants to the party whose signature appears on the Bidder’s Registration Agreement (Bidder), the right to use the number shown for the purpose of bidding at an auction sale to be conducted by Auctioneers. Such right is granted at the Auctioneer’s sole discretion and may be revoked at any time.
2. Bidder acknowledges he has received, read and understands these terms printed on the inside back cover of the Listing Catalogue or presented in our other notices and agrees to comply with and be bound by such.
3. The auction will be conducted by offering in the terms by Lot (Lot), either individually or in groups. The bidder offering the highest bid accepted by the Auctioneers shall be the Purchaser (Purchaser) of the offered Lot. Purchaser accepts a lot when he makes a bid. All sales are final.
4. Bidder, whether acting as principal, agent, officer or director of a company or otherwise, in any capacity whatsoever, and the company he represents, both jointly and severally agree:
(a) To indemnify and save harmless Auctioneers and its consignors from any and all actions, causes of action, suits, damages, costs and losses of any nature, arising from the attendance or participation of bidder, his agents or employees, at the auction sale and/or on the auction site whether before, during or after the auction sale.
(b) To be responsible for the payment of the purchase price and taxes due on all bidder’s purchases.
5. Some items in this auction may be subject to a reserve.
6. The bidder grants to the Auctioneers a security interest in the Purchases, to secure payment of the purchase price. In the event of non-payment, the Auctioneers may proceed to file the Bidder Registration Agreement as a financing statement to perfect the security interest granted by this Security Agreement.
7. There shall be no guarantees or warranties, expressed or implied, statutory or otherwise of any nature whatsoever in respect of the Lots offered at the auction. Each and every lot will be sold “as is where is.” Specifically, but without limitation, Auctioneers make no representation or warranty that any of the Lots:
(a) Conform to any standard in respect of safety, pollution or hazardous material or any standard or requirement of any applicable authority, law or regulation.
(b) Are fit for any particular purpose.
(c) Are merchantable or financeable.
(d) Are of any particular age, year of manufacture, model, make or condition.
(e) Bidder agrees he has satisfied himself and is not relying on Auctioneers, nor are Auctioneers liable for any matter in respect of the above. Bidder further agrees to repair at his cost, any lot purchased at the auction to a safe operating condition and, without limitation, to a condition that meets any standard or requirement of any applicable authority, law or regulation including those concerning any use to which the lot may be put.
8. Bidder acknowledges that an auction site is a potentially dangerous place. Flammable, noxious, corrosive, and pressurized substances are present, and heavy equipment is being operated an electric may be live. Every person at the auction site at any time shall be there at his own risk with notice of the condition of the premises and the activities thereon, and bidder shall so advise his agents and employees. No person shall have any claim against Auctioneers, their agents and employees, or Principals for any injuries sustained, nor for damages to or loss of property which may occur from any cause whatsoever.
9. Auctioneers may, at any time, at their sole discretion and without notice or liability to bidder:
(a) Withdraw or cancel the sale of any Lot.
(b) Offer any Lots in groups or with privilege.
10. Auctioneers shall settle any dispute arising as to any bidding at their sole discretion, and Auctioneers may put the lot in dispute up for sale again. Auctioneers reserve the right to refuse any bid, which they consider to be an insignificant advance over the preceding bid.
11. Purchases become the responsibility of and shall be at the risk of the Purchaser upon acceptance of his bid. It shall be the responsibility of the Purchaser to insure his purchases immediately. Auctioneers shall not be responsible for loss or damage to any Purchase.
12. All payments must be made to Auctioneers by cash, certified cheque or regular cheque accompanied by a bank guarantee acceptable to Auctioneers. Lots under $10,000 must be paid in full on the day of the auction. Lots over $10,000 Purchaser price must be paid in full within two business days of the auction.
13. Purchaser shall not be entitled to possession of any of his Purchases until the total purchase price of all his purchases, including all applicable goods, sales or use taxes, has been fully paid. In the event, the Purchaser fails to comply with any Terms, Auctioneers at their sole discretion have the right to resell such Purchases by public or private sale without notice to the Purchaser. Should Auctioneers resell any Purchase, the net proceeds from there (after deducting commissions of 14% and any costs) shall be credited to the original Purchasers account, and the original Purchaser shall forthwith upon demand pay Auctioneers, as damages, any deficiency arising from the resale.
14. All purchases must be removed from the auction site within the time announced or posted at the auction site, an all costs, responsibility and risk of such removal shall be borne by purchaser. Purchaser shall use prudence in effecting such removal. Auctioneers reserve the right to require proof of adequate insurance coverage from any Purchaser for Purchases requiring dismantling, rigging or hot cutting. Purchaser agrees to indemnify and save harmless both Consignor and Auctioneers against any damage caused by the act of Purchaser and/or his agents in connection with the dismantling or removal of any Purchase. If, for any reason, the Purchaser fails to remove and store the said Purchase at Purchasers’ sole risk and expense. Purchaser shall be liable for any rent incurred or damages suffered by Auctioneers because of Purchasers’ failure to remove any Purchase.
15. The Listing Catalogue has been prepared as a guide only, based on information from sources believed to be reliable and from the Consignor; however, its accuracy cannot be guaranteed or warranted. No sale shall be invalidated, nor shall Auctioneers be liable as a result of defects or inaccuracies in the Listing Catalogue. Bidder acknowledges that all Lots were available for inspection prior to the auction and that it is his responsibility to inspect all equipment and to make his own inquiries prior to bidding.
16. If, for any reason, Auctioneers are unable to make available or deliver any purchase or clear title to the same, or documentation required in respect of any Purchase, whether before or after delivery, Auctioneers sole liability, if any shall be the return of monies paid in respect of such purchase upon its return by Purchaser. Any such Purchase shall be returned or surrendered upon demand by Auctioneers.
17. Interest on overdue amounts will be paid by the Purchaser at a rate of 18% per annum or at such other maximum rate as allowed by law, together with any legal or collection costs incurred by Auctioneers.
18. Upon Purchases arranging for and assuming all risk and costs associated therewith to Auctioneers satisfaction, Auctioneers will ship Purchases to, and give physical possession at a destination specified by the Purchaser.
19. These are the complete Terms and may not be amended except by agreement in writing signed by the Auctioneers and the respective Purchaser.
20. All bidders are subject to pay a Buyer’s Premium as follows:
(a) 10% for our regular Miscellaneous Auctions
(b) 10% on the first $5000 and 2.5% on balance to a maximum of $1000, per item, for our Heavy Equipment and Industrial Sales.
(c) Vehicles Buyer’s Fee Schedule per vehicle:
(i) Purchase Price between $0-999 is a $60 fee.
(ii) Purchase Price between $1000-1999 is a $100 fee.
(iii) Purchase Price between $2000-2999 is a $140 fee.
(iv) Purchase Price between $3000-3999 is a $180 fee.
(v) Purchase Price between $4000-4999 is a $220 fee.
(vi) Purchase Price between $5000 and over is a $260 fee.
(d) All internet bidders will be subject to an additional 2% fee in addition to the above-described Buyers Premiums.
If you have any questions regarding our Terms & Conditions, please do not hesitate to contact us.